Creating a future worth living: For patients. Worldwide. Every day. Approximately 3.2 million people worldwide suffer from chronic kidney failure and depend on their vital dialysis treatment. Within Global Research & Development (GRD) we develop innovative products and therapies for these people. With our products, we treat one dialysis patient worldwide every 0.7 seconds. As the world market leader in dialysis, we are constantly developing and creating state-of-the-art medical technology for a future worth living for patients - and you can contribute to this in Berlin.
- In our independent global unit, you will develop mathematical, statistical and algorithmic solutions for various issues relating to Fresenius Medical Care.
- In a highly dynamic environment, you will implement the solutions in software systems for piloting, including front-ends, and advise on their implementation in productive systems.
- Furthermore, as an in-house consultant you are significantly involved in the development, structuring and conception of possible applications of mathematics, statistics and algorithms.
- Specifically, you will work directly at the interface to business, doctors, patients and other user groups - open exchange and strong networking are very important to us.
- In addition, you will document the results, prepare them visually and skilfully communicate them to experts, laypersons and relevant stakeholders.
- Finally, you will work together with the Senior Data Scientist on interesting projects - with modern technology and AI you will make our medical technology fit for the future.
- Successful studies (Master / Doctorate) in Computer Science, Business Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research, Engineering or another quantitative discipline
- Ideally first work experience through internships or similar.
- Sound knowledge of classical prediction methods (classification, regression, ranking, time series), inferential statistics (tests, interpretation of models), optimization, natural language processing, image processing and biosignal processing are desirable.
- Good understanding of IT and initial programming experience, preferably also an experienced use of databases and modern development tools (git, Docker, etc.)
- Ideally supplemented by the ability to develop pilots independently end-to-end and to work in a professional productive environment.
- Strong communication skills combined with conceptual and creative thinking as well as an entrepreneurial, customer- and result-oriented way of working.
Be there right from the start
Our newly established AI unit is well connected with our R&D locations around the world. At our base in Berlin, we live an open and innovative work culture - which leaves plenty of room for visionary ideas. Our mission is "Innovation with data and AI" and aims to make Fresenius' medical products even better through ideation, product design, implementation and even business model innovation. The initial focus will be on the design of intelligent dialysis machines. Questions we ask ourselves are for example "How can we guarantee uninterrupted dialysis?", "How can we give nurses more time for their patients?" and "How can we identify health risks early on?"
In the long term, our work will be extended to the entire medical device sector. On the basis of many years of Group experience and a strong track record in analytics, we now want to take big steps in new directions.
What we offer you
You can look forward to a broad range of activities: from identifying the optimisation potential to implementing the finished product - you are involved in the entire process. And this worldwide, because we work with research institutes in India and China, among others, and are always on the lookout for emerging markets. The option of regular trips abroad, for example to the USA or China, ensures a close exchange within the company. Depending on your personal preferences our team happily supports several month long stays abroad, aiming at developing a deep understanding of other AI initiatives in the company. We combine the agility and freedom of a start-up with the reliable backing of a large corporation. Your personal development opportunities are just as diverse as your job. Whether you are looking for a management career or a specialist career with specialisation in consulting, design or engineering - you have the choice and can always rely on our support in the form of individual training and further education opportunities. Structured trainings aim to further develop your profile in the areas of methodology, communication, presentation and leadership.
Our application process
Our application process is standardized in four stages: (1) Online test, (2) Telephone interview, (3) Data challenge, (4) Personal introduction. First of all, you have the opportunity to prove your basic technical know-how in an online test. After you have successfully completed this first step, we would like to talk to you in a 45-minute telephone interview. After this, a data challenge awaits you. During the final personal meeting you will have the opportunity to present your results to the challenge and meet potential colleagues.